Saturday, February 22, 2014

Satisfied

I am satisfied with my life. That may not strike as much of a confession, but it is the grandest expression of living I've ever known. While some may see in satisfaction a resignation, an acceptance that life will probably never get better-just glad it isn't as bad as it once was, I see it as the highest possible enjoyment. No longer my own worst enemy, life has ceased turning in on itself.  As the Apostle once remarked, "godliness with contentment is great gain." To be satisfied is to be free from regret and unbothered by uncertainty, far removed from fatalistic acceptance and more akin to the secure confidence a child finds in a parent's arms. I am not implying that nothing remains to be done or that I have no room for improvement, far from it. What I am stating is that this "place" in my life is a pleasant vantage point from which to view all possible vistas. 

No comments: