Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Reminiscences

Thanksgiving affords the perfect opportunity to say "thank you" to special individuals, living and deceased. Here are a few of my Thanksgiving reminiscences:

- Thank you Jo for allowing me to see God's grace in your eyes every morning. You will always be the most beautiful and incredibly special woman in all the world to me.
- Thank you my daughters for overlooking my shortcomings as a father and loving me in spite of disappointments along the way.
- Thank you Melody for loving a brother who has always been something of a maverick.
- Thank you Mandy and Missy for allowing me into your lives and blessing me with that proud designation of 'Papa' with your precious children.
- Thank you to my students from the past decade that found something beneficial in my musings along the way about what it means to be a Christ-follower and servant leaders.
- Thank you to generous Kingdom-minded business people that have taught me volumes by allowing me to listen and observe.
- Thank you to good friends that validate the axiom that a true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else walks out on you.
- Thank you Mom and Dad for granting unconditional love from beginning to end and everything in between. I miss you more than I can say.
- Thank you to churches along the way that taught me the importance of living in community (Trinity, Midyett, New Faith, Lily Grove, Memorial, Parkway, Bel Air, Crossings).
- Thank you my Kenyan brothers & sisters for softening the edges of my own ethnocentrism.
- Thank you Father for grace and infinite love that changes everything.

No comments: