Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Airport Waiting

Waiting usually grates on my nerves--I must confess that my temperament leans toward the impatient side. But airport waiting is different. Something about the anticipation of ensuing travel rises an intrepid spirit that overshadows my impatient one. Today I meander through the airport waiting maze en route from Waco to Kenya. I have a pretty good idea of what is waiting for me there, so it overcomes the frustration of waiting while still here. Relieved of the awful burden of 'hurry up', I pass the time more productively--praying, reading, writing, observing, etc.

All of this travel philosophy makes me wonder if my life might be better served by gaining a fresh vision of what ultimately awaits. A heavenly focus might just alleviate unwelcome earthly stress. In turn, I would likely pass the time here more productively--praying, witnessing, reading, writing, listening, etc. Sounds promising, doesn't it? I think I'll give it a try.

No comments: